Katsu Region
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 30 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:17 am
Latest topics
» GO AWAY.
Tactic Questions EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:35 am by Shiz

» Gifted Individual Academy
Tactic Questions EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:34 pm by Hatarou

» Moonlight Destiny
Tactic Questions EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 pm by Guest

» ZapdosZulu; Heartgold & Soulsilver Roleplay
Tactic Questions EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:36 am by Guest

» Mystic Energy
Tactic Questions EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:36 pm by Guest

» ELEMENT DESTINY !
Tactic Questions EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:34 am by Guest

» Sencea Mynra
Tactic Questions EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:13 am by Viviana

» Erinuki Region - Pokemon RP
Tactic Questions EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:53 pm by Guest

» Hey. >~<
Tactic Questions EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 3:52 pm by Yazamoto Tsukazu

» Pokemon Cheyenne!
Tactic Questions EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:04 pm by Guest

Tactic Questions

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tactic Questions Empty Tactic Questions

Post by Garth Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:42 am

String Shot (For more power, using Spider Web): Are the available uses acceptable for a Level 5 Bachuru?
Flail- Sticking a small rock to to the thread and whipping the rock like a medieval flail.
Trip Lines- covering the ground and spaces between trees with lines of String Shot. The lines are made by connecting three-five individual lines of String while still producing more. Because of the string's stickiness, it will mold with the other strings, increasing in thickness.
Blinding- spraying clots of String Shot into the eyes, blocking the individuals sight.

Ancientpower: What are the effects on reality that occur when using this technique?
Garth
Garth

Credits : 9913

Character Profile
Rp Name: Garth D'Funk
Pokedollar £: 100
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Tactic Questions Empty Re: Tactic Questions

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:53 am

The flail and the trip lines won't work. The silk isn't nearly durable enough for the momentum or the weight: it'll break immediately.

The blinding is fine, a common idea but effective.

Ancient power generally creates at atmospheric pressure, somehow lifting material (usually rocks) surrounding the user and causing them to fly at the foe. Generally the user's body glows all the while, which in my opinion, should double as a less effective leer attack, since the pressure and the aesthetics of this attack in particular are pretty damn intimidating. In other words, in RP- Ancient power combines multiple moves, although to a less powerful extent. These moves include: Gravity, Rock Throw, and Leer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:59 am

many thanks on the previous questions.

Now onto the next set.
Tangela's stretching vines (For no better name yet): For how far can thes Vines stretched? Can they incorporate Mega Drain when grabbing the victim, acting like parasitic worms?

What is the variation ratio for Effect Spore?

How long do healing moves last such as Roost and Recover?
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:30 am

I would say they can only stretch as far as Tangela's height. I don't remember what the average height for Tangela is, so I leave that to you.

You can only incorporate Mega Drain in that situation if A) You used wrap or constrict, otherwise auto grabbing is considered as god modding. And B) If you actually have Mega Drain in your move pool. Other than that, there's no rule against combining moves, or how you do so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:05 am

My internet is lagging, so I'm going to double post rather than edit. Not that anybody cares. = ="

Effect spore and the duration of certain moves, are all decided by the mod. Almost all attacks similar to effect spore, metronome, or any other randomly distributed attacks (yes, we'll do the math for you) are conducted by your current mod: often with a random number generator.

The duration of certain moves however, are decided purely by whether or not it's possible to even heal for that long without getting attacked during. Let's say that you're healing underground with Dunsparce- and your opponent is my Squirtle. Squirtle can do absolutely nothing to damage Dunsparce while still underground, so there's nothing she can do to stop the healing process, now is there? However, if you're talking about the turns themselves- then don't. Healing moves count as one move, and the duration in itself is purely based off of the situation. So, provide a situation, and I can provide you with a more accurate answer. :>
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:21 am

Can Substitute be used to mold objects? Like Pikachu's Surfboard, which somehow stays afloat by repelling water? Also, can it be molded into other objects? Is this related to Aura Sphere?
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:28 am

Substitute? Dude what are you talking about? Other objects? tf? Substitute creates like a...let's say a miniature of the pokemon, a clone sort of. That takes damage for a short time before being destroyed. Got it? No surfboards >_>
Kenji
Kenji
Admin
Admin

Credits : 10339

Character Profile
Rp Name: Kenjojo
Pokedollar £: -9001
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Substitution used to Surf

Substitution used to bypass barriers

Both Chapters have interesting uses of Substitute. Both occurrences occur somewhat around mid-to-end of Chapters, but I suggest reading the whole chapters.
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:08 pm

I don't understand your examples, I don't see how that's substitute, and we don't go by manga. Those aren't the "real" pokemon things, we go by anime primarily and some of the games.
Kenji
Kenji
Admin
Admin

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:11 pm

I don't use anime. I use the Game, as it has more fundamental laws and shows interesting uses for each Pokemon.
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Well the SITE uses the anime primarily, so...it don't really matter what you use bro. But good luck with that >_>b
Kenji
Kenji
Admin
Admin

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:23 pm

If you followed the laws of the game, then you would no that there is no compromising how substitute works. It creates a doll; a miniature or even a full sized replica of the user - simply to create a distraction during battle; raising evasiveness. It cannot be molded, or manipulated in any way that would render any items or rules set out on Katsu obscure. In order to 'surf', although it is not necessary for you to do so here, you must have a pokemon that can use the move. The moves work as they are described; you cannot bypass barriers either, without the necessary moves or alternate prerequisites that you need to do so. Substitute, despite it's name, is not a general substitute. So no to both of your questions.

For both of you, future reference; yes, we follow game rules. Still, this is an RPG, meaning that although we can manipulate words to our advantage, we still have our limits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:32 pm

I meant to write manga, not GAME. I just didn't notice it.
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:08 pm

My response remains the same.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:25 pm

I said we followed the game but mostly the anime >_>
Kenji
Kenji
Admin
Admin

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Magikarp: In the anime, Meowth broke his teeth when he tried to eat a Magikarp, is that valid here? Also, using the laws of Gravitational Potential Energy, can a Magikarp create a Mock version of Body Slam by performing a Splash on Someone? It is said in Bulbapedia that with Splash, a Magikarp can leap over a mountain, can it use this as a scouting technique?

Hippopowdon learns the three fang techniques as Start moves. this means that he needs to go to a Move Maniac to learn those techniques. Is there a Move Maniac here?

Can Vaporeon control its state of Water? E.x. Water becomes Ice, can Vaporeon to Ice, as well as water?
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:48 pm

First off, you can only choose to break someone or somethings teeth if it is your own Pokemon. Otherwise, you need permission to do so - but I'm going to say that Meowth doesn't count as a normal Meowth in the anime, therefore it could easily have been Meowth, not Magikarp, that caused the teeth to break. Yes to the 'body slam' although I'm sure it still won't cause much damage - Magikarp doesn't weigh nearly enough, nor can it exert enough force to do any good in the first place. And if you want to let your Magikarp out on dry land to flop around maniacly to look around - feel free, but it still won't do any good in regards to scouting. The fall is too fast, and come on ... The fish is a fish, and the fish won't be falling back into water. A fish that jumps fifty feet in the air, and then lands on the ground = Meowth food. And, well, there's frankly no reason for you to scout on water ...

Go to a move tutor. The move tutors in Katsu teach everything a pokemon is capable of learning at one point or another; TMs, egg moves, level up, etc.

No.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Can Arbok change its pattern at will and regrow its tail when severed?
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Arbok can change the pattern, but it will not get stat bonuses for doing so - nor will it count as intimidate or scary face unless you have the actual ability or move. It can regrow, but let's put the minimum amount of 'time' necessary to three threads.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:40 pm

Um... using a Heat Wave/Smog Combo against a Water Gun attack, what would happen?

Heat Wave:
Type: Fire
Power: 100
The attack is area based, so the direct damage is lessened (so I'm told)

Smog:
Type: Poison
Power: 20
The attack spreads over the field and causes combustions when lit.

I suppose when combine the two in a Combo, the attack Power would reach somewhere around ~120. The attack covers an area in an instant and is very intense.

Water Gun:
Type: Water
Power: 40
This attack is fired in a beam like path, so damage isn't lessened.

what is the effect?
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Same answer every time:

How to put this in a way that makes sense ... There's no specific answer for this other than what I'm going to tell you below. This question is completely circumstantial. This question in particular, is more so based on the moderator's perspective compared to your own. However, given what I've read on the chat box; (don't refer to this, because like I've said, it's up to the moderator in question) let's leave it at this ...

If the moderator agrees with your point of view: heatwave+smog could potentially do more damage. If not, then you'll just have to put up with the fact that it didn't work, and move on with your life.

Side note: I find this question vaguely contradictory to your earlier statement about not following the games. If you did in fact use the manga as guidelines, then you would know it's not all about numbers - which I think you do. Now I know none of us follow any one; anime, game, or manga so strictly that they'd refuse to take little bits of another while RPing ... You have to realize that switching it around to your advantage is not going to make other people like you. Excuse me if I'm too forward about this, but you're not going to make your way to the top by finding loopholes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

can I use a Sand Attack and a Fire-type attack to create glass?
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:45 pm

As a researcher who's constantly traveling - and as someone without the proper materials (you may have the sand and heat, but you also need a mold, strainer, sifter, grinder, etc) to do so: it's easy to say that no, you can't make glass. Further on, if given permission to become a Professor, then you're allowed to do those sorts of things in confines of your laboratory. In the mean time; no.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Special abilities
It is said that Alakazam is known to have mastered every type and form of psychic ability, including, but not limited to, telekinesis, telepathy, ESP, psionic abilities, levitation, defensive techniques, mind control, and telekinetic blasts.

Link provided
this is straight from Bulbapedia. So, can an Alakazam use all of these without move requirements?
Garth
Garth

Character Profile
Pokemon:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Well, I already said this in the chat box -- but I guess you were away again. "Just to ensure that you don't take too much advantage of a pokemon's innate abilities; I think it safe to say 'no, not without the moves themselves."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum